We are always in need of volunteers. But why would you want to volunteer? We know that it does help the business or organization but what do YOU get out of volunteering? The right match can help you find friends, reach out to the community, learn new skills, and even advance your career. Volunteering can also help protect your mental and physical health. Click here to learn more about the many benefits of volunteering and find tips on getting started as a volunteer.
We have the following volunteer positions open at this time. We can work with your schedule and amount of time you would like to devote to your position. If you are interested in any of these positions, simply call the store at (803) 750-6858 and speak with Debbie and tell her which position you are interested in and work out the details with her. We appreciate our volunteers SO much!! You are a greatly needed part of our mission to help Children's Chance be able to assist the children and families affected by childhood cancer. If you require special accommodations to be able to volunteer with us, just let us know what they are and we will be more than glad to assist you.
• Sorting Donated Clothes – checking for stains, tears and imperfections. Would need to have good eyesight and don’t mind standing during the job.
• Sorting Housewares – checking for broken pieces and sellable or not. Would be standing.
• Cleaning Housewares – wiping down items or washing in the sink. Don’t mind standing or getting hands wet.
• Testing Electronics – would be making sure that any donated electronics or electrical items work properly. Could possibly sit down some to do this task. Must understand how all electronics work.
• Sorting Books – going through all donated books to look for damage and popularity. Could sit some to do this job.
• Toys – sorting through toys and keeping only the kind we specify. Clean the toys. Have any children’s furniture or accessory items looked up on Consumer Protection site for recalls. Majority of time would be standing. Must like toys!!
• Sizing and Straightening Clothes – put hanging clothes in the proper size areas and making sure they are buttoned/zipped and not falling off hangers. Must enjoy repetition. But it allows you to work on the main floor with the customers. Must stand to do this job.
• Cleaning the Store – Dusting, Cleaning Windows & Sills, Sweeping designated areas of store, Scrape Stickers off of floor. You would be required to stand and some tasks would require some bending and kneeling.
• Recycling – helping the driver throw big garbage bags full of recyclable clothes into our van and then from our van into a trailer. You would not have to get into the trailer. Need to be strong and have endurance. This is a physical job.
• Take Photos of Donations on Floor – would be walking around on floor and picking items in which to take pictures and write descriptions to include prices. Must understand how to operate a camera and find model # information for items. Would require standing.